Friday, January 1, 2010
2009 in review just the facts ... Upcoming 2010 goals
2009 was a very good year of running for me. Here are just the facts / stats. Watch for my 5 best and 5 worst running experiences blog coming early next week (where I get to complain in commentary form).
I had 5 main (realistic) goals going into this year and managed to reach them all.
1. Stay serious injury free - did this but we are going to chalk that up to the running gods. Had lots of minor problems as pain just keeps moving from one spot on my body to the other.
2. Build a deeper mileage base - this was relatively easy as I started running 6 days a week.
3. Break 23 minutes in a 5k - Struggled with getting fast in 2008 but lots of track work last summer has me running at 5k at just over 21 minutes.
4. Break the 4 hr marathon barrier - Failed at my attempt in Paris, France but crushed it in the fall no problem.
5. Run my first Ultra - Ran my first 50k and liked it so much that I followed it up with a 50 miler.
longest training run - 23 miles
longest run (race) - 50 miles
most mileage run in a week - 75 miles
lowest mileage run in a week - 0 miles
most mileage in a month - 279 miles
lowest mileage in a month = 115 miles
Number of races in 2008 - 21
TOTAL MILEAGE FOR 2009
Set PBs in 5k, 6k, 8k, 10k, 10 miles, Half Marathon, Marathon, 50k and 50 miler.
1. Break 20 minutes in a 5k
2. Run my first 100 miler
3. Stay injury free
4. Hit my Boston Qualifier
5. Up my base mileage, shoot for 5000km year.
Now lets just see how that ends up going.