Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in review just the facts ... Upcoming 2010 goals


2009 was a very good year of running for me. Here are just the facts / stats. Watch for my 5 best and 5 worst running experiences blog coming early next week (where I get to complain in commentary form).

2009 Recap
I had 5 main (realistic) goals going into this year and managed to reach them all.
1. Stay serious injury free - did this but we are going to chalk that up to the running gods. Had lots of minor problems as pain just keeps moving from one spot on my body to the other.

2. Build a deeper mileage base - this was relatively easy as I started running 6 days a week.

3. Break 23 minutes in a 5k - Struggled with getting fast in 2008 but lots of track work last summer has me running at 5k at just over 21 minutes.

4. Break the 4 hr marathon barrier - Failed at my attempt in Paris, France but crushed it in the fall no problem.

5. Run my first Ultra - Ran my first 50k and liked it so much that I followed it up with a 50 miler.

Totals

longest training run - 23 miles
longest run (race) - 50 miles
most mileage run in a week - 75 miles
lowest mileage run in a week - 0 miles
most mileage in a month - 279 miles
lowest mileage in a month = 115 miles
Number of races in 2008 - 21

TOTAL MILEAGE FOR 2009
2449 Miles
or
3945 km

Set PBs in 5k, 6k, 8k, 10k, 10 miles, Half Marathon, Marathon, 50k and 50 miler.

2010 Goals
1. Break 20 minutes in a 5k
2. Run my first 100 miler
3. Stay injury free
4. Hit my Boston Qualifier
5. Up my base mileage, shoot for 5000km year.

Now lets just see how that ends up going.

22 comments:

  1. Neat rundown on 2009 highlights and mileage, and great goals for the year ahead. Look forward to reading about your next 5000K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I hope all your goals are met this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great year Chris. Keep it up in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals for 2010! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. Great goals, #3 is most important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Chris! You chose changes that would shake up your world and you did it! -- you and the lady at your side... AWESOME!! ALL the BEST as you chase 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about impressive!!!! I'd say you had a year to remember!! Good luck with your 2010 Goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which 100 miler are you aiming for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good year, good luck in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a great 2009. I'm glad to hear that the track work paid off for you. I do it in spurts but am somehow still running the same 10 minute mile. Maybe I should stick with it. Good luck in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great year. Good luck in 2010 and with your first 100. I am running my first in March.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's amazing-congratulations! 5000K sounds daunting and I wonder if it at all conflicts with minimizing the risks of injury, but at this point you've no doubt learned how to assess how your body is responding to all the activity.

    Hope to see you at Robbie Burns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like 2009 was a great year for you! Congrats!

    Good luck in 2010! And YES, stay injury free!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some incredible #'s for 2009! Good luck with your 2010 season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm yet to post on my 2010 goals, but I do share #1, 3 and 4 with you. HAPPY NEW YEAR! I enjoy readin you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a great 2010 Chris. See ya in Seaton or even the OUS spring warmup.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job in '09, and great plan for 2010. I wish you (and the rest of us) injury-free running this year, and that you (...and the rest of us) comfortably crush all goals!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice recap of '09 and goals for '10! congrats on your running success in 2009, i hope it carries over (and then some) this year :) here's to a speedy and healthy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some seriously hard goals... more power to you! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You should be proud of yourself...you really had a great year. Here's to hitting all your goals in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on meeting all your goals for '09 and good luck on reaching your 2010 goals. I can't imagine running a 50m race, so 100m seems absolutely incredible to me!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope it didn't make you too hungry, or that you were just about to eat anyway! Can't wait to read more of your blog and find out where you ran all your 21 races!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Doesn't look like you'll have any problems hitting your 2010 goals with the awesome success you had in 2009.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails